Electrical safety is the number 3 cause of home fires in Tasmania.
Remember to follow the important proceedures listed below:
- Clean dryer filters before every use.
- Ventilate dryers adequately.
- Allow dryers to complete their cool down cycle.
- Label flammable liquids and poisons clearly and keep in correct containers.
- Store poisons and flammable liquids safely away from children.
- Don’t overload power points or power boards.
- Replace damaged plugs and leads.
- Use power boards with overload protection.
- Never handle electrical equipment with wet hands.
- Switch off and unplug appliances when not in use.
- Don’t use faulty electrical equipment until it has been repaired.
- Don’t place extension leads under carpets or furniture.
- Install an earth leakage circuit breaker.
- Check electrical wiring and switches regularly, especially in older homes. Anything more than a visual check must be done by a licensed electrician.
For further information on electrical safety contact:
Shopping cart empty.